Forum rules - please read before posting.

Some advice regarding best practice of this feature

Hi all,
I'd like to have the option to select from a list of words that would complete a sentence in the dialogue between player character and NPC.  If the user chooses the wrong word from the list then the NPC does not understand what the player is saying.

I'm not asking for a solution but the best practice of implementation.

For example, would 
a) edit the adventure creator scripts directly and add a new class there?
b) add a new item to the action list, and that item is a script that performs this functionality?
c) Would a new type of dialogue component be required all together?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Do you mean for the options to appear within the sentence itself, or beneath?  If you're showing them beneath, and you have only one choice per sentence, you could probably get by just with the standard Conversation feature - with word option being a Dialogue Option.

But for the former, you'd need a custom Action that also handles the display of it (with the new Unity UI, you could probably do this without a need for another script that handles the OnGUI call).  Actions can be made to wait indefinitely until you're ready to move on.  A series of tutorials on custom Actions is available here.
  • Hi Chris, beneath should be fine but I'll take a look at both options.  

Thanks!