Forum rules - please read before posting.

Single use interaction with choose interaction then hotspot

edited January 2015 in Engine development
This was added in the 1.41a I believe and is working fine. The issue I have however is that if I want to exit my scene with a hotspot like "Exit Left" and for it to have the walk icon, it is not available in the list to choose. Only the icons I have listed under interaction are available.

You might be thinking: "Just add the walk icon as an interaction icon". That would work just fine if my game didn't use the right-click to cycle through interactions option. Thus if I add a cursor to the interaction cursors it now becomes a part of my right-click cycle. I did not see an option in the cursors menu to exclude a specific icon from the right-click list.

Ideally I think the main and walk icons should be a choice for single-use hotspot icons. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea that if right-click to cycle icons is selected that each interaction icon can be excluded from that list if needed. Thus allowing any number of custom cursors to be used with single use interaction hotspots.

Thanks for listening to me and please let me know if I am missing some option that helps here.

Comments

• A good point.  Excluding cursors from the cycle is probably the best way around this.  I will look into it.
  • I appreciate it. Thanks as always.
  • edited May 2018
    I'm doing something very similar and am using the new 'exclude cursors from the cycle' on my 'exit' cursor. When I mouse over the hotspot with the single use interaction, it changes to that cursor and when I hover away it resets the cursor to the walk cursor, but I would like it if it changed back to whatever cursor I was previously using.
  • @ZcheK: Please post a shot of your Settings Manager.  It may be that custom events are necessary to do that.