Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction components disappearing and I can't figure out why

Hi,
I keep fixing up my interactions and adding dialogue and actions and then later they are no longer there anymore.  I can't figure out why this is occurring however even when I reload the previously loaded scene they are still missing and I have to create them again. 

This time all I did was move the NPC location and alter an action and now they're all gone.  I'm afraid to proceed any further right now because I'm afraid all of my work will be lost again.

Does anyone know why this occurs and what I can do to stop it?

Comments

• This shouldn't be happening - is this in a local scene object?  So long as you don't duplicate ActionLists, or add multiple scripts to one object, you shouldn't have trouble.  At what point do things disppear, and what version of AC are you using?
  • Hey Chris, I'll try again this evening when I get home and record my desktop.  Note that I don't feel it's a bug, rather something in my workflow that I'm missing.

Thanks!
  • Hmm it just happened again but I was not recording.  Looking at the Unity debug log it looks like the issue may be due to 'constant ID's'.  I'll continue investigating and report back when I have something solid.

• Actually I think this may be a bug of some sort.  I can see what's causing it now, when I click 'auto create' dialogue option it throws a 'Duplicate ID' error and removes all dialogue actions that exist under both the dialogue options.  For now I will just manually create new options and see if it still occurs.

Thanks
  • Note that this is also occurring for my Conversation objects.  If it's created through the Game Editor (Adventure Creator control panel) it duplicates the ID's.  This is when I enter the prefab name and click 'Add new'.
  • OK sorry to spam but this time I saved my game earlier then quit out and just went back into my scene and all of the triggers had re-sized themselves back to their cube width.  I'm unable to add any content because it just gets lost. 

Is nobody else having this issue?  Is it possible to trace log AC so that I can see exactly what is occurring?

• Could you post the exact steps needed to re-create this?  While the Duplicate ID error shouldn't be showing at all, it certainly shouldn't reset any Actions.  A screenshot of a "broken" DialogueOption / Conversation would also help.

Is it possible AC's prefabs have been modified?  Try re-importing AC again to reset them.
  • OK I will try this tonight thanks!
  • Hey I reimported Adventure Creator, I also moved all of my prefabs into the 'resources' folder, I wasn't aware that was a requirement.

That said, I think it may have been caused because I kept clicking 'apply' up the top right hand side.  I thought this was to make changes take effect but now I have looked this up and I can see that it has a different purpose, it changes all objects associated with the script prefabs.

It hasn't happened again since but I will wait and see.  Thanks for your assistance.
  • Unfortunately this hasn't worked I have just lost all of my interaction and dialogue game objects.  I am going to recreate my game from scratch as there must be something I've done wrong somewhere.