Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mecanim isTalking boolean missing

Hey guys.  I'm having trouble with my mechanim isTalking animation.  I have added the state to the animator of my NPC however I still get the message:

Parameter 'isTalking' does not exist.
UnityEngine.Animator:SetBool(String, Boolean)
AnimEngine_Mecanim:PlayIdle() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_Mecanim.cs:603)
AC.Char:AnimUpdate() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:429)
AC.Char:_Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:222)
AC.NPC:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/NPC.cs:76)

I get the same thing with the moving boolean.  

Can anyone advise where this is missing from or general troubleshooting steps?  I've only been at this for a week and am not familiar with C# or debugging Unity3d in general.

Thanks!

Comments

• I figured this out, I wasn't aware that the parameters had to be set in the animator window.

Thanks!
  • I set the parameters in the animator window, but I still get the same error. Can you please explain how you solved the problem?
  • In case someone watches the tutorial 8 years later and hits this, check the capitalization of the Parameter name I had it looking for IsTalking, and named my param isTalking.

• Make sure the 'IsTalking' boolean parameter has been added to your animation parameters.

In Unity, go to: Window -> Animation -> Animator

Click on "Parameters" tab at top

Press the "+" icon and select "Bool", name it "IsTalking"