Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trouble getting started, HELP!

My first post, and I m afraid it`s a problem-issue.

I run the newest unity-version (4.6.1),  the newest Adventure Creator 1.40b and the newest UFPS (v 1.4.9).

The whole night I ve been trying to merge both but it wont work for me. 

I exactly followed the steps in the tutorial (tut for third party products/ufps), but nothing.
First the game was breaking at the start, going into pause mode. 
Then I reinstalled all (incl. Unity), made several new projects, changing the chronology of the installations of the both assets, but nothing helped.

During that I experienced multiple errors, reaching from "no X axis for mouseinput" to "gameengine is not defined???".

When I just start unity, with only ufps and ac checked for startup, i immediately get this

MuscleClip 'StandIdleTwoHand' conversion warning: 'Pelvis/Spine1' is between humanoid transforms and has rotation animation. This might lower retargeting quality.

Ok, thats just a yellow sign warning...

Then, when I try to start the game editor (as suggested in the tutorial), it wont show up and I get 999+ of these errors:

UnityException: Tag: GameEngine is not defined!
UnityEngine.GameObject.FindWithTag (System.String tag) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/UnityEngineGameObject.cs:464)
AC.SceneManager.ShowGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SceneManager.cs:58)
AdventureCreator.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:119)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Help me I m totally stuck!

ps: English is not my native language, sorry 

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Before you open up the Game Editor, be sure to follow this tutorial first to make sure the GameEngine tag is defined.  This is also described in section 1.1 of the manual.

To help separating errors with AC vs errors with UFPS, I would recommend removing UFPS for now, and concentrate on installing AC first.  Once that is working properly, then move onto UFPS.

• Thank you for the fast reply