Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot icons is visible through walls

Hi there. I trying to adapt my game to mobile devices. When I select the setting "display hotspot - always" - they were visible through walls. Walls have colliders. What should I do?

Comments

• This is something I've been made aware of, and I'm still considering the best way to tackle this.  The most obvious fix would be to hide them if the icons themselves are blocked by walls, but what if an object is partly visible despite this?

In the meantime, you can disable the Hotspots temporarily at the same time you switch the camera.  It's not the most elegant solution, but it'll work if you need a fix today.
  • I'm in no hurry, so if you create fix - it would be great.  [-O<
  • An option in 1.41 will be added to hide the icon if it's occluded behind a wall.  Note that this will only account for the actual icon point, not the hotspot volume as a whole.  Should be good enough for most cases.
  • Oh, I just saw your response . On the Asset Store is now available version 1.41 . This means that you have already made this update?
  • Still not work :(
  • You'll need to place a Collider on the default layer where the wall is - try using the default Collision Cube prefab in the Scene Manager.
  • It worked! Thank you very much!