Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hiden object games with AC

Hey all !

I want to create some standard hiden obejct point and click game similar to the big fish productions example:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/28293/echoes-of-the-past-wolf-healer/index.html

FP camera , No player animation , simple things only object interactions etc

I spoke with a lot of artist  who want  to do stuff like that in AC  but in officail AC manual or Tutorials I dont find any simple "step by step " tutorial about " how to prepare a game prefab etc to make game like this.

If someone  at forum can write some simple answer for "beginners" ( like myself )
taht will be very helpful !  

Thanks !
Greg

Ps. Chris you made awesome tool ! Thank you for that !

Comments

• So in a general sense, this is what you'd want to look into doing:
    • Create each "hidden object" as an Inventory item that the player carries when the game begins.  When the player finds an object, the corresponding inventory item is actually taken away.  This way, you can use an InventoryBox menu element to display what's left to be found.
    • Make a "Unity 2D" perspective game, so that you can use PolygonColliders for your Hotspot shapes (see the 2D Demo's Tree Hotspot).
    • For each hidden object, you'd want to make a Hotspot and Sprite.  When you "use" (click) the Hotspot, the associated sprite is made invisible, the Hotspot is deactivated, a score (Integer variable) increases by 1, and an Inventory item is removed.  Because this sequence of actions would need to be made for every object, you'll want to make a "generic" ActionList that makes use of parameters.
    Parameters let you use the same Actions in slightly different ways each time, and are perfect for this type of game.  You can read more about them in this tutorial, which is actually quite similar to your needs.
  • Thanks For help Chris !
    If I will have more questions I will ask them in this thread so in futture, I (or you ) wll can create some quick tutorial for that sort of game.

Best Wishes!