Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turn off GUI Texture on trigger?

Hi all,

I'm looking to be able to have my player collide with a trigger in the scene and have it turn off a GUI Texture that's being displayed.  Can't seem to figure out an action for this.  Little advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• In AC's Menu system?  Use the Menu: Change state Action, and set the Change type to Hide Menu Element.  Enter the names of the Menu and associated Element, and it'll be hidden from view.
  • Hey Chris, this is actually not for the Menu.  

I'm doing a 2.5D game and looking to turn on/off the overlays as full-screen GUI Textures.  I tried the method from your tutorial of using a plane in the scene for the overlay, but wasn't able to align it properly.  The best way I found was to display a full-screen GUI texture as a separate game object.  
  • edited December 2014
    If you're looking to limit a GUI Texture to a particular active camera, I'd suggest using the LimitVisibility script.  Attach this to your GUITexture object, and you'll be able to limit it's visibility to just one GameCamera.

(You'll have to edit the script for now, though: insert the following code into the SetVisibility function.  I'll update it officially for 1.41, but this will sort you in the meantime)
    if (this.gameObject.GetComponent ())
    {
      this.gameObject.GetComponent ().enabled = state;
    }