Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D photo exterior to 3D interior

Is it possible to go from a simple point and click exterior using photography (like the Lost City game)  to a 3D interior FPS view for exploration within a 3D environment.

What extension to Adventure Creator would be required?

Thanks Chris

Comments

• Shouldn't be an issue doing this, unless I'm completely misinformed. You can use Engine: Manage systems to change between different movement methods, like point & click, and first person. Do that when you change between a 2D scene with a photo background and a full 3D first person scene.
  • Thank you Eastman. Much appreciated. I need to make sure before I purchase AC.

• I switch between a 2D game and 3D scenes for some interactions. The player stays in 2D however so I haven't needed to shift how the moving and turning etc works.
  • Xidore thanks. I will give it a test over the next few days. Much appreciated.
  • Just be aware that though you can change movement method mid-game, you can't change the "Camera perspective" setting.  Set it to "3D" and build your 2D scenes up using the regular 3D GameCameras.
  • Thank Chris