Forum rules - please read before posting.

2 direction in character

Hi i want to make only 2 direction walking in a 2d character. Only right and left. how can i do that? it´s a 2d game

Comments

• In Direct control?  Use the Player: Constrain Action to disable up and down movement.
  • in point and click interface
  • Just limit your Navigation mesh so that it only goes left-to-right.  You'll have to give it a slight bit of height (for the raycast to be able to "see").
  • sorry but i couldn´t find the way to limit the navigation mesh. Always turn the sprite and it´s look really bad.
  • I think you need to make it very very thin vertically. Just make it go where you want it to left and right but only make it a very small amount in the y direction.
  • Is the navmesh not quite a 'flat' straight line? it might be too thin to be on an angle or too angular to be that thin.
  • I think that's going to be too thin - as we've suggested, give it some height.  If you have no need for "up/down" animations, just assign left and right animations as the up/down - that way if the character is stopped mid-turn, he'll always be facing sideways.