Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC cameras and image proccessing effects

Hey,

i don't remember if i asked about this.but i am findign myself in this situation again

I have a camera which i want to apply two image effects on, color correction and vignette.
to copmlicate it a little bit more - i also want to animate the vignette parameters.

when i add a componenet to a AC camera, and switch to it, nothing happens (i assume because these components aren't in the main AC camera.)

what's the best approach to do both these things. do i just add the vignette with a "0" parameter to the main camera as well? how do i get things to change and animate?

i was thinking about turning on an animator (that i actually already have from the previous iteration of the game) but i though it would be more organized to do things through AC..

is this something that's supported right now?

oded

Comments

• Since your game is 2D, you can use the DOF variable to store the intensity per-camera.  A script attached to the MainCamera can then read this value and display an effect accordingly - see the manual's list of static functions to get the line of code needed.
  • this is also something taht might be useful for 3D game
    the vingette componenet has multiple values. I'll look at the manual to see if i can someone add this animation on the camera and start it with a manual script

if i do that, i'll be happy to send you the script maybe you can integrate it back into the engine as it may be useful for other folks.
  • I'm slightly confused. I already have tons of post-image effects in my game, all of them are just added to the main camera but they work perfectly. What's the need to use the other camera?
  • @david different cameras have different values for post-imgae effects. Different depth of field for example  in close ups i want a more shallow depth of field.
    in one of my curscenes, the main character goes through a revelation and the artist made this effect that changes the vingette parameters. 
    this is applied to one of the closeups but it shouldn't affect the scene camera.
  • Thanks, now I understand. Sorry, my game is a first person game with no camera switches, so I completely forgot about that possibility for a moment :D