Forum rules - please read before posting.

Have Player display speech text without talk animation.

As per the thread title. I either have not noticed this option or it doesn't exist. In AGS I believe its called "Think". I'd guess that Adventure Creator would have to have this option but I haven't seen it.

Comments

• No, this isn't currently an option.  The alternative would be to create an "empty" NPC with the same name, that you use for thinking.

How would you expect such a feature to be in?  With a "Dialogue: Think" Action, or an option in the current speech Action?
  • edited November 2014
    Sorry, I don't remember how this is handled right now but, If you ever do something like this... please add a column or tag that specifies if the line is a thought when exporting the texts for translating and/or gathering speech id's.

That way, you can filter out the lines if thoughts/descriptions are not going to be dubbed.
  • Dialogue: Think gives it a nice descriptive name that if in the future could but extended for other functionality that would match with a Think rather than a Speech.

Whereas an option in Speech would reduce having a separate Think action that would initially start out as just being a slight bit different.

Briefly thinking about it I would probably prefer a Dialogue: Think. I think its more setup for editing later on.