Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity5 issues

Im trying out Unity 5 beta 12 and loaded the most current version of AC (1.4).  When starting the demo, after Brain finishes talking and the backdrop falls down I see a 2D version of Brain standing there and then I'm able to control the 2D character. I don't see the robot at all and the demo does not work as before. Has the demo changed in some way?

There are some errors in the log

NpShape::setFlag(s): triangle mesh and heightfield triggers are not supported!

and

Cannot find sorting map to follow!
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
AC.FollowSortingMap:UpdateSortingMap() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Navigation/FollowSortingMap.cs:177)
AC.KickStarter:ResetPlayer(Player, Int32, Boolean, Quaternion) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:128)
AC.KickStarter:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:182)

Comments

• It sounds like you have the 2D Demo's Managers loaded while running the 3D Demo.  Go to Adventure Creator -> Getting started -> Load 3D Demo managers and try it again.
  • Regarding the NpShape error, you've raised an important issue with using AC in Unity 5 (for 3D games, at least).  I think I have a solution, look out for an update hopefully tomorrow.
  • OK you're right. It was the demo managers. I guess I should have realized that but it was a surprise on a fresh install like that. I'll wait for your other remarks on NpShape.
  • The NpShape is due to Unity 5 no longer accepting convex Mesh Colliders as triggers - in other words, the NavMesh prefab.  Solution is to turn off it's Trigger, and turn off all collisions in the NavMesh layer.  Expect a fix out shortly.