Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.40 bug when changing scenes

I am getting these errors when i change scenes in runtime.
i tried replacing the scene numbers with scene names but that didn't make any change.
also i have previous scene specific player starts , and i see the onload cutscene not being either - causeing the characters to be placed at the wrong place 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.RuntimeInventory.MatchInteractionsFromItem (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, AC.InvItem _item) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:829)
AC.RuntimeInventory.MatchInteractions () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:796)
AC.MenuInventoryBox.PopulateList () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInventoryBox.cs:378)
AC.MenuInventoryBox.RecalculateSize () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInventoryBox.cs:332)
AC.PlayerMenus.ResetInventoryBoxes () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1565)
AC.RuntimeInventory.SetNull () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:96)
AC.RuntimeInventory.OnLevelWasLoaded () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:69)

AC.RuntimeInventory.MatchInteractionsFromItem (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, AC.InvItem _item) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:829)
AC.RuntimeInventory.MatchInteractions () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:796)
AC.MenuInventoryBox.PopulateList () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInventoryBox.cs:378)
AC.MenuInventoryBox.RecalculateSize () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInventoryBox.cs:332)
AC.PlayerMenus.ResetInventoryBoxes () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1565)
AC.RuntimeInventory.RemoveRecipes () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:741)
AC.SaveSystem.OnLevelWasLoaded () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:386)

AC.RuntimeInventory.RemoveRecipes () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Inventory/RuntimeInventory.cs:741)
AC.SaveSystem.OnLevelWasLoaded () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:386)

Comments

• IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    AC.RememberHotspot.StringToButtonStates (AC.Hotspot hotspot, System.String stateString) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/RememberHotspot.cs:119)
    AC.RememberHotspot.LoadData (AC.HotspotData data) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/RememberHotspot.cs:79)
    AC.LevelStorage.UnloadHotspotData (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _hotspots) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/LevelStorage.cs:364)
    AC.LevelStorage.ReturnCurrentLevelData () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/LevelStorage.cs:66)
    AC.SceneSettings.Start () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:70)

• That last error is likely because you're restoring a saved game from a previous version.  Save games made before 1.40 will not be compatible when 1.40.
  • edited November 2014
    @ChrisIceBox
    About the save games, I have issue from when I updated to 1.40. I deleted all *.save and started from scratch. Click on "New save", it save the game correctly. When I click again on "new save" it overwrites the first save I made... there are only 1 save possible, also tried with the demo menu manager.
  • And I noticed when I load the savegame, after load remains the load menu screen (before the update, after load a previous saved game, all menu disappear and game start).
  • I have not actually loaded a saved game. in fact, now i went and deleted all the save games and i still see this.

the last error happens when you go back and forth changing scenes more than once

i'm going to try the package you sent me.
  • the first error dissapeared, the second is still there (and causing the scene not to start properly.)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    AC.RememberHotspot.StringToButtonStates (AC.Hotspot hotspot, System.String stateString) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/RememberHotspot.cs:119)
    AC.RememberHotspot.LoadData (AC.HotspotData data) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/RememberHotspot.cs:79)
    AC.LevelStorage.UnloadHotspotData (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _hotspots) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/LevelStorage.cs:364)
    AC.LevelStorage.ReturnCurrentLevelData () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/LevelStorage.cs:66)
    AC.SceneSettings.Start () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:70)

I'm actually suspecting it has to do with Dialogue manager loading the game's state or something because i also see these when i change scenes:

Dialogue System: Updating Lua environment with saved data.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.PersistentDataManager:ApplySaveData(String, DatabaseResetOptions)
    PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.AdventureCreator.AdventureCreatorBridge:LoadDialogueSystemFromGlobalVariable() (at Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator/Scripts/AdventureCreatorBridge.cs:429)
    AC.SaveSystem:OnLevelWasLoaded() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:409)

Dialogue System: Applying persistent data from Lua environment.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.PersistentDataManager:Apply()
    PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.PersistentDataManager:ApplySaveData(String, DatabaseResetOptions)
    PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.AdventureCreator.AdventureCreatorBridge:LoadDialogueSystemFromGlobalVariable() (at Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator/Scripts/AdventureCreatorBridge.cs:429)
    AC.SaveSystem:OnLevelWasLoaded() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:409)

• I'll look into this on the Dialogue System side and reply back here. In the meantime, if you want to entirely eliminate the Dialogue System from the save/load process, comment out the lines you added to Scripts/Menu/MenuSystem.cs and Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs as documented here.

• @pixelcrushers i marked these two out, and the bug is still there, so it might not be that.