Forum rules - please read before posting.

Confused about translations

edited November 2014 in Technical Q&A
Under the Game Editor's Settings, at the end, there is a small form called "Language" followed by a number (0 in my case). I tried to search this in the manual but I couldn't find anything, so I I assumed 0 = always original text, 1 = your first language set and so on, which seems to be the case.
The problem is that even if I set "1" and selected "Disallow original language" (which indeed then disappears from the menu) the game still understands everything as if I was writing in the "Original language". 

A pratical example: I tried to edit an hotspot's name which in English was set as "B" and in my editor I then set as "A".
I launch the scene, but it shows as "B" - Ok I thought, it must be because the language set is English.

I then clicked on gather text and, correctly, the game shows "A" near the hotspot ID. The problem is that, despite the original language being cut out, when I export the translation, and reimport it, any changes whatsoever I've made in the editor are still considered only as "Original translation" always, which, of course, doesn't display anywhere anymore.
This means that I have to copy paste everything in the CSV file under "English" every time I make any change in the editor.

Have I made a mistake somewhere? Or should I simply work directly in the CSV file?

Comments

• I think I'm following you.  So the "original language" is always what you work with in the editor.  Changing the language number at the bottom of the Settings Manager only changes what's displayed in-game, when it runs.  The editor labels themselves won't change.

If you choose to disallow the original language, then yes: you work only with CSV files.