Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different Scene Different room

Hi All, I am new to this forum, I have AC 1.39c I need a little help I am making game that have different rooms, I want to make separate scenes for each of the room I need to know,

1. Is that good approach.?
2. How to remember scene settings (Player positions and object positions that changed)

Comments

• 1) 
    Yes that's the way to do it.

2) 
    Player position is dictated by the PlayerStart marker. Previous Scene is a value in this game object which tells the present scene which PlayerStart to put the player at. This corresponds to the scene number in Unity's BUILD SETTINGS so you need to plan/map out your numbering order in advance to avoid having to muck about with all the PlayerStart settings later on.

AC has a number of 'Remember' scripts. You need to attach the correct Remember script to things which have been changed by the player in the course of their actions. There are some quirks but cross each one as you come to it. These are important for Saving/Loading as well.
  • ummmm.. how we will get the previous scene value? I mean which scene is previous one?. In fact I am new to unity.
    Thanks by the way.
  • edited November 2014
    Ok. It works like this:

Case A
    1) You have made the player leave Scene 0 and go to Scene 1
    2) when trying to decide which player start to place the player at there is a check to see where the player came from (in this case Scene 0) and so it starts them at the player start which is set to "start here if player came from Scene 0"

Case B
    1) The player was coming from Scene 2 back into Scene 1 instead 
    2) in Scene 1 there is an alternate player start object which says "start here if the player came from Scene 2"

Basically the two player start markers in Scene 1 will be at different places and pointed facing into the scene which makes the player appear where they logically should. 

So if the player exits Scene 0 to come to Scene 1 if they exit Scene 0 at the LEFT hand side of their screen, then the player start marker would be set as shown below in A. Vice-versa if they came from Scene 2 and exited Scene 2 at the RIGHT hand side of the screen.

(Scene 1)
    ---------------------------
    |                                              |
    |  B>                                  <A |
    ---------------------------

The scene number is the order in which they appear in the build settings (but I understand v1.40 has added some other options for actual scene names).

When I first started using AC I took the demo scene and made a duplicate slightly different but emptier scene and tried out how to make the player move back and forth between them. I suggest you give it a try.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks I am going to try