Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.. but is there a free trial version?

edited November 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi there... I can not seam to find a trial version of this to do a few simple tests with... is there one?

Thanks in advance
-Jynks

Comments

• I don't believe so. Also since the source code is given it would technically mean the free trial would give you the "full version".
  • The thing is, anyone who has paid and bought can testify to how CHEAP this asset is for what it gives.  Of course while it is flexible it is made to do what it does so it's understandable to be cautious about whether it will do what you want/need.

What is it you want it to do? Many forum users are trying unusual things and will likely be able to suggest whether it will be for you. Also two things: 1- many relevant feature requests made my users here end up in subsequent releases and 2- it works with custom actions and other assets like Playmaker.  So if it's something adventure game oriented and fits then even if it isn't in-the-box then it can usually be done with some user customisation or it could very well end up in-the-box on later updates.
  • When it first came out it was fairly limited, but I had been waiting for something like this for unity for years so I had no problem shelling out 75 just to encourage Chris to keep working on it. And he has been working on it a lot, adding things we request and improving on existing systems. He also uses it for his own projects, which is a very good sign.