Forum rules - please read before posting.

Modified Constrain action

edited November 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris, I'm trying to make a 2D game in AC combined with 3D modeled characters in order to not lose the 3D-exclusive features, like item holding, head tracking and lip sync. What I've found so far is that I need to "2D'ify" the characters somehow, so that they don't clash so badly w/ the environment sprites. I'm wondering if you think it would be feasible to modify the Player: Constrain action, so that it restricted character movement to 4 or 8 directions. I think the smooth 360-degree range of movement/rotation (which would be great in 3D) is what's making the characters look so out-of-place in the world. On a separate note, I wouldn't mind knowing the likelihood of those features ever being natively supported in 2D, in case my best bet is to just go full 2D, on the assumption that I'll eventually be able to incorporate those features into my sprites.

Comments

• The Player: Constrain Action wouldn't be the place to make such changes, and I'm not sure this would be feasible at all - the pathfinding, for one thing, would be a nightmare to update.  What's your movement method?  If you're using Direct control, it may be possible.
  • I am using Direct control, yes.
  • In for 1.40.