Forum rules - please read before posting.

Managers...

edited November 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi everybody!

well, I thought i finally got the concept of the managers, but i recently ran into a new wall ;) I've copied the managers and worked successful on a scene, but when i create a "new scene" the scene manager looks like this: (1.39c)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pns06qzd1xlyoya/manager_prob.jpg?dl=0
i tried to create a new one, but it always looks empty like this.. what am i doing wrong here? when i load the first scene, everything looks correct...

just to get the concept right -> every scene/set needs a unique scene_manager, but all other managers are shared? (variable_manager?)

thanks for any help!

Comments

• You need to hit 'organise room objects'. Did you do that yet?
  • You do need to click "Organise room objects" but there's no need for one scene manager per scene.  The scene manager doesn't actually store any data itself - it actually just takes the various settings found in the scene objects and displays them for you in one place.
  • yes i did ;) several times

(sorry i didn't see this earlier) i get this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.SceneManager.AddPrefab (System.String folderName, System.String prefabName, Boolean canCreateMultiple, Boolean selectAfter, Boolean putInFolder) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SceneManager.cs:445)
    AC.SceneManager.InitialiseObjects () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SceneManager.cs:368)
    AC.SceneManager.ShowGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SceneManager.cs:60)
    AdventureCreator.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:119)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

• edited November 2014
    Hang on, you say you've copied the managers. To where have you copied them?

Have you somehow got a project which doesn't actually have the whole of AC's engine structure imported?

Your error seems to indicate that prefabs which AC is trying to put into the scene can't be found.

If that is the case, check your project structure carefully. Try reimporting AC into the project.
  • ahhh... reimporting did the trick, thanks! (but my navigation broke for a moment... so i guess there is still something wrong in my project ;) , but everything works now as far i can tell)

thanks again!
  • When you reimport sometimes the managers revert to the demo ones. Check they are all the ones in your project folder.
  • The asset file "AdventureCreator/Resources/References" is where the links to the active Managers are stored.  When importing AC, if you leave this file out of it, it should stop the Demo managers from being made active again.