Forum rules - please read before posting.

Health System (Saving and Loading)

edited November 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hello!

First off, I want to say how AWESOME Adventure Creator is. I followed the Youtube tutorials and it blew me away. So here's my problem:

I created a health and energy system for my game. The health and energy bars are able to move up and down depending on the values input into the inspector. I'm trying to figure out how to save and load the health and energy information so that when the player comes back to play, the last health and energy value is loaded in. I'm sure there's some way of doing this. PlayerPrefs perhaps? Or within the engine?

I hope this makes sense. Some sort of direction would be super helpful. 

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @justin0025, and thanks.

Are you making use of the menu system's Slider element to build your bars?  If so, you can link it's value to a Global Variable (float) by setting the Slider affects property to Float Variable.  You can then enter in the ID number of the variable you want to link it to (listed to the left of each variable's name in the Variables Manager).

Variables are automatically stored in save game files, so it'll be stored and returned to the menu once a game is loaded back.