Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make Hotspot names disappear...?

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi,
I have a small issue but I couldn't find a proper solution, so far. Basically, most of my hotspots have name that should be shown. Some, though, don't. I often need to use the "Gather text" button as I'm trying to use multiple languages and it's the only way to have everything under control, but it seems that when I do that, every hotspot gets included. Is there a way to make sure that only certain hotspots names are shown?
So far, the only way I found is to press space under the "Label" field, so that the game will actually read the name as "blank", but it seems unintuitive.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• sorry, upping this as it got really low... really nobody? :(
  • Putting a space in the box would be my suggestion as well - it's not common to want to selectively show Hotspot labels, but that would work.
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks, then I will label all those hotspot with a space before I gather the text.

If you're wondering why I need that, it's because in my game some objects can be interacted only with certain inventory items. They cannot be interacted normally with the use\examine function, so while normally I'd show "grab bottle" "watch tv" or whatever, I can't do that here or basically I would be spoiling that you have to use a certain item there.          
     This is, indeed, more of a game design problem which I'm still mumbling about, as at the same time, if no text appears, it won't be easy for the player to figure out that he has to use a certain item in a certain spot. Maybe I'll just leave a default "Observe" and an examing action with a subtle hint for every object in the end so that the player understands this.
    Thanks!