Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu - Scrolling through documents shrink image document

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
I followed the tutorial on doing scrolling docs and it works perfect with small menu and images bigger than menu.
But I would like to apply this on a Menu Document that's sized W=100 and H=100.
When I add a jpg of 1.000 pixel x 10.000 pixel in the Page element as background texture, automatically the texture is shrinked to stay in the menu window, because its size was set to Manual W=100, H=100.
The Drag element works fine by setting the drag boundary with Y= -1000, so I can drag my distorded document up and up and up...

There's something I don't get? Because if I would like to see larger doc, they should be larger than the screen... but jpg larger that screen are shrinked to stay in the menu size... hope u understand my issue!

Tx and bye!

Comments

• Have you tried setting it to Absolute?  You can use that to enter the size by exact pixels.
  • Yep, I've tried and putting the exact resolution of the image (1920x10000), it become all pixelate... and the drag become "unstable"... 
  • edited October 2014
    Can unity even import 10000? I thought the limit was 4096 (even then the default is lower)
  • I imported it without any problem, but u make me suggest to check the quality of the image I imported... tx!
  • Yeah it'll import but it will reduce your image from whatever size it is to fit. I suspect it will be reducing the longest side to your import setting so it'll likely shrink down to 4096x786

At 1024 default that would be 1024x197

I would suggest if you want to use 4096 that you use 4096x768 or better yet 4096x1024 so you are using a memory-block friendly image size.
  • You were right!
    The problem was the resolution, Unity reduced it automatically to 1024. So I put at 4096 and now I see clear.
    I've some problem with the drag now, but I'm working on.
    Thank'you for ur help @Xidore
    ^_^