Forum rules - please read before posting.

All Hotspots turning off when going between scenes

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Greetings.

I'm having an issue where all the hotspots that have the Remember Hotspot component (even if they are turned on/off while in the scene) in all scenes are turning off whenever I exit the scene and then return to that scene. I don't know if there's a reference problem or not because it began happening after I created a global variable that is not doing anything at the moment, but I don't see any relationship there.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @danrobfo.

Can't recreate this issue, and it sure sounds like a strange one.  A few questions:
    • Is this limited just to Hotspots that have the RememberHotspot script?
    • Are these Hotspots enabled/disabled in-game, or should their state be completely unaffected?
    • Are you modifying Hotspot layers, or just using the RememberHotspot inspector pre-runtime to disable them?
    • You're changing scenes in the normal way, i.e. the Engine: Change scene Action?
  • Hello Chris. 

Is this limited just to Hotspots that have the RememberHotspot script?
    Yes, all other Hotspots work fine and objects with RememberVisibility also work fine.

Are these Hotspots enabled/disabled in-game, or should their state be completely unaffected?
    The Hotspots with RememberHotspot are meant to be enabled/disabled during some point in the game.

Are you modifying Hotspot layers, or just using the RememberHotspot inspector pre-runtime to disable them?
    I am using the RememberHotspot property to disable them before starting the game.

You're changing scenes in the normal way, i.e. the Engine: Change scene Action?
    I am changing scenes using the Engine: Change scene action.

I am temporarily working with local variables to check if a Hotspot should be enabled or disabled but it's a time consuming job, so any other information you need I'll be glad to give it to you.

Thanks again for the help.

• You absolutely shouldn't have to resort to that, but all answers you've given me mean it should be working just fine.  A couple more then:
    • Are you making new prefabs out of your Hotspots, or are they unique?
    • Are any other save scripts (e.g. ConstantID) attached?
    • What version of AC are you using?
  • All the prefabs are unique to each scene, no prefabs. Also, the Hotspots only have the RememberHotspot, no ConstantID (although I tried with or without the ConstantID but had the same results).

I am using AC v1.39c.

Also, now that I recall, maybe the problem started after I updated Unity to 4.5.5f1 but I'm not completely sure..
  • Hi something similar happend to me but when i change scene and back some hotspot cursor change and are visible but not usefull AC v 1.39
  • @tinchopunk: And what version of Unity?
  • Unity 4.5.1f3
  • I believe this is fixed for 1.40.