Forum rules - please read before posting.

Physics for 2D

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Do the new physics features that came with 1.38 work in 2d games? If not any suggestions for making an item that can be dragged along a track in a 2d game? Thanks.  

Comments

• I have made it work, but I have a whole separate area arranged JUST for interacting with said object which is actually using 3D objects instead of sprites. I just moved my physics object into my 2D scene area and attached a sprite: it works too. The mouse-over cursor doesn't change until you actually activate by clicking/dragging though.

There isn't anything that I'm aware of (System wise) which you can easily make set a 'switch' from the physics objects to make it easier to keep track of the interaction (for saving or having a logical toggle/outcome). Perhaps Chris will add this in a future update though?
  • Thanks so much for the info. This sounds really interesting, but as a beginner it is probably above my skill level. I think I will focus on getting the basics down before I dive into something like this. 
  • @Xidore: The Moveable: Check track position Action can be used to query a Draggable object's position along a track, which is handy for logic.  The Trigger prefab has also been updated to limit Trigger logic to specific objects / object types.  And 1.40 will be getting a new Action: Moveable: Check held by player.