Forum rules - please read before posting.

Easy way to change starting node in action editor?

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
I am starting to build some pretty involved interactions now that I am getting more familiar with the action list editor and I was wondering:

Is there a way to easily change the starting node within the editor itself?

Quite often I realise that I need to start the whole thing from a different CheckVariable action but unlike all other nodes, the starting node seems to be locked in place so I can't move it and put a different new node in its place.

What I've ended up doing is create a new node in the inspector, then choose Rearrange->Move to Top. This will kick my previous node out of 1st place and I can go back in the action list editor and edit stuff. One quirk here though is that, if I set my new node to be of the same type as the previous one, when I move it to the top, in the action list editor the new node is going to completely overlap the old one! Which means you can't move them apart any more. When this happens the work around I've come to use is to change the type of the action so that the node panel will resize and then I'll be able to grab the previous 1st node from beneath the new one and move it away.

It's all a bit fiddly, hence my original question of: does anyone know of a better/recommended way to do all this?

Thanks!

Comments

• It's the only way to do it as of now, but I've found it to be quite annoying myself!  Expect an improvement in 1.40 - at least the old "first" node should be shoved out the way.
  • Awesome, will be looking forward to that!