Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Enable and disable NPC script

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Is there a way to enable the Npc script only when the player enter in a trigger? And disable when he exit?
I know how to set up a trigger but I don't know what action can do this... like an Object, Npc, Send message, Turn off and Turn on...

I have 5 npc and when they are all activated, in the profiler the voice "NPC.FixedUpdate" is at 86% and all slow down... when I uncheck the Npc script, all is working clear and smooth and become 0,1%! 
I also tryied to remove the capsule collider but become 75%...

Tx

Comments

• You could either write a custom Action that disables/enables the NPC script of a given GameObject, or use the Object: Add or remove Action to physically delete/restore the entire GameObject.  Be sure to prefab the NPC, and place it in the Resources folder with a unique name - AC will need it to be there to be able to restore it when loading a saved game.
  • edited October 2014
    Ok guys, I discovered I'm really noob in programming... so, if some good boy can give me a hand with this script used to create a new action, i'll be really happy! Thinking @ChrisIceBox @Guran @hedgefield ... @othersWhoSpeakC#language... ^_^
    I would like to create an action that disable (or enable) the NPC.cs script from the game object called NPCMacho (with the prefab saved in resources folder). 
    I used the blank action template and inserted an instruction found on the unity forum, but it gives me errors and I don't know what's wrong:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

#if UNITY_EDITOR
    using UnityEditor;

namespace AC
    {

[System.Serializable]
    public class ActionMachoDisable : Action
    {
    // Declare variables here
    override public float Run ()
    {
    GameObject.Find("NPCMacho").GetComponent(NPC).enabled=false;
    }
    }

}

Tx and sorry for my ignorance... 
    ~X(
  • edited October 2014
    Have you read the tutorials on writing Actions?  You could extend this to let you choose which NPC to affect, as well as a "enable / disable" box.

Either way, you're nearly there!

GameObject.Find ("NPCMacho").GetComponent ().enabled = false;
  • Now works great, tx man!

And yes, I read the tut on custom actions and i already created one for enable and one for disable the speech skip.
    My knowledgment and understanding can make me do those single action... but it's enought, tx! ^_^