Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Game Camera Animated doesn't switch after animation

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
I tried to use the new Camera Animated and it's a great function but... when the animation of the camera came to the end, the image stay on that camera.
Example, cutscene: animated camera begins from top and go down to the player face. After that short intro, the game begins, so I continue my cutscene switching on a normal game camera. But the image don't change, it remains on the animated camera.
I search on the manual if i missed something but there's nothing about it or if there are special instructions. I also tried to make a Object: send message turno off on that animated camera but without results.
@ChrisIceBox: it's my fault or this kind of cameras cannot be used in that way? Or maybe a forgivable bug? TX!
Edit: of course, I didn't checked the loop box and the animation .anim has wrap mode to Once...
Edit2: I think it's a bug, I noticed that while game is running, on the inspector window if i select the animated camera, when the camera plays the animation, the flag become checked and remains checked also when the anim finish. So, if I manually uncheck it while game is still running, the camera switch on the right game camera.
Last Edit: if you have to make some modification, can I suggest you to add the usual checkbox 
"Pause until finish?" if it's possible? 
Maybe below the checkboxes of the Loop animation and Play on start or when you can.

Comments

• The camera component shouldn't ever be "active" unless your doing a split-screen effect.  If it is, that's a bug.

Your game won't "wait" until the animation's finished playing (and the "Pause until finish" option in the Camera: Switch Action is reserved for when the transition is not instant).  It may be a feature to add, but you can still just use the Pause Action after it to delay your game, of course.
  • I confirm that when I switch to the animated camera, the active camera is both on the main camera and on the animated camera. When the animation of the camera finish, there are 2 active camera and the game stay on the anim camera. If I manually uncheck it, the game continues.

The wait until finished was only an add on, I was using the engine: pause game already, yep! ^_^
  • I can't recreate this - there literally isn't any code in the Animated Camera's script that enables the Camera component.

The only way a Camera will remain enabled is if there is no MainCamera prefab in the scene to begin with, but if that's the case - the Animated Camera should be enabled right from the start. Have you tinkered with the GameCameraAnimated prefab itself?
  • I tinkered with some parameters of the prefab but without results.
    I still have the last frame of the animation clip, like if it doesn't understand the animation has finished.

But if you make a cutscene with a normal camera in the beginning, switch on the animated camera with an animation clip, and then you put the switch command to return to the last used, you can recreate this. If in your case is working, I made something wrong...

There's no one who tried the new animated camera and has my same problem?
  • Sorry, I still can't recreate this.  If you played with the prefab, it may reset itself for you with the next update, which updates the "Pause" feature the way you asked.
  • Ah ok tx! If this new function reset its state after the anim is played, I wait the new 1.31!
    :-)
  • I was referring to the prefab resetting when you download the next update, actually, but either way yes - please see if 1.31 fixes it.
  • After 1.31 the problem vanished! Tx Chris!
    Bye