Forum rules - please read before posting.

Timed & Count Down related actions

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
I only have some play speach actions in mind but if we can implement this to any other thing it would be simply great.

So basicly, lets assume a pipe breaks down and the room starts filling. I need to make character say spesific lines which will be callled if some time passes by. And if i can also change sprites (like object visiblity)  that would be even better.

Any idea on the matter and how to achieve it is greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I set up something pretty similar in my game. You set a variable called "time" or "seconds" or whatever you want. 

Then you set up a cutscene called "timer" for instance to run in the background, and the only two actions in this cutscene should be engine: pause for 1 second, followed by variable: set  increase "time" by 1. Then after the variable: set action you can have it run a different cutscene, such as one called "clock" or "check time" or what have you (which also runs in the background).

In the clock cutscene, you can use variable: check actions to see if the time variable has gotten to the prescribed values needed for your player to say a specific line for instance, or for an object to become invisible. Then at the end of the clock cutscene, have the final action run the timer cutscene again. This gives you a 1 second loop, where the timer cutscene is called every second, and the time variable corresponds to seconds that have passed.

You need to have the timer cutscene initially called at some point, for instance when your pipe break cutscene happens. 

• Hey skitt2501. Thank you very much. Ill try it as soon as possible :D
  • Not a problem! Good luck!