Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issues with font for subtitles

Hello, I wonder if there's a solution to this - I have a script that switches the font based on the language someone selects, it works well! I'm using AC's built-in menu for the Subtitles / Subslinelabel. Using AC 1.82.2. I'm having an issue with a particular font (Pangolin, from Google Fonts, for my Russian translation) and I can't figure out why - no other font in any language I've used has this issue. The font gets cropped when it runs over 2 lines sometimes.

I could obviously use just another font for the Russian translation, but I quite like this one (and so does the Russian translator). I've tried messing with the font in FontForge as it may be an issue with the way the font itself is set up, but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or tips I could try?

Thanks.

Comments

  • In a backup/duplicate project, import the latest AC to check if it's not something that's since been addressed - but I suspect it's an issue with the font itself.

    I'd expect switching over to TextMesh Pro and Unity UI for your Menu/Font rendering would resolve it, but otherwise you may need to dig deeper into the Font itself to see if there's an issue in how it tells Unity what size it is, as it looks like the Menu is expecting it to appear smaller than it does.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the official forum for Adventure Creator.