Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Sorting map problems (bug report)

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi.

Im working on a 2d game in which I got all my scenes with sorting maps. Affects on sprites= Order In Layer. My problem is there is a spesific scene in which if my character walks in and than goes to other scenes, the character sprite seems to elavate in layer order and it walks around on the objects which it was suppose to be behind.

I've deleted sorting map for the scene found that the character still seems to go above layers if ever comes in to other scenes. What might be wrong?

Thank you

Edit: I've checked and found out that this is the case with every scene. I just need to enter and leave 3 times from one scene to another and than the character can walk on objects. I guess this might be a bug?

Im using AC 1.29

Comments

• Does your character's FollowSortingMap Inspector have Offset original order checked?  It sounds like it's inadvertently "adding" it's order number with each scene change.
  • edited April 2014
    I've added FollowSortingMap to my character and checked Offset Original order . after retrying, i still see that character moves above layers.

I've also deleted all sorting maps across the scenes. After trying this "changing scene rapidly" the character moves abpve layers regardless if the scene has sorting map or not.

Also i'm using Brian2d character as a base for my character (ive copied that file and edited the contents)
  • Oh i got it now. Once i "uncheck" the "Offset Original Order", my character stayed at its layer order.

Thanks.