Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Can't drag NavMesh into Mesh name slot in Unity 4.3.4 AC 1.30

I'm new to both Unity and AC; this could be in the wrong category and just plain user error. Apologies in advance.
I have Unity (free) 4.3.4f1 and AC 1.30. I downloaded the tutorial files yesterday (pre-1.30).

I'm on "Adventure Creator tutorial #3: Setting up a new scene" via YouTube. 
I am unable to drag the EvilLair-NavMesh into the new NavMesh prefab's "Mesh Collider" slot for "Mesh". (Video time 2:45)
I get a NO symbol (circle with line through it). 

The mesh looks like the solid white panel as seen in the video. I've removed it from the hierarchy list and am trying to drag from the folder.  Any suggestions? No luck with trying to find it via the little circle on the right.

FYI, I'm using the older video tutorials because the text tutorials moved too fast for me and left out pieces I couldn't figure out. Sorry -- newbie. 

Comments

• Are you expanding the EvilLair-NavMesh asset to reveal the mesh itself?
  • Yes, I think so. I've tried dragging at several levels in the file hierarchy "just in case".
  • Is there any way to edit the file outside of Unity and put a link in there?
  • Just found it! On my system (Win 8.1) Unity has an icon for the folder that contains the mesh with a right arrow on it. Clicking the right arrow expands the folder to show the mesh. I didn't know what it was doing because it looks like a "Play" button and the mesh looks like an oddly attached blob. I expanded with the "Play" button and then dragged the blob...that works.