Forum rules - please read before posting.

Stop movement and hide inventory during conversation

Hi. Im quite new, and was hoping you could inform me how I can stop the character moving, and the inventory from showing, during conversations? I don't want to pause, as I'd like to trigger various animations.
Thanks,

Comments

• edited April 21

Does the game literally pause, i.e. freeze, while dialogue options are displayed? Or is it instead that gameplay is being blocked, i.e. in "cutscene" mode? You can check this by enabling the AC Status box at the bottom of the Settings Manager - it'll show the game's current state at the top-left of the Game window during Play mode.

The latter should be the case by default - but this should only prevent the player from having control over the Player character, animations etc should still play as normal.

If you can share screenshots/details of exactly what's going on, along with the ActionList logic involved, I can try to spot what's wrong.

• Thank you for the info, Chris. The scene actually doesn't freeze at all, meaning the character is moving around during dialogue. I'm looking to stop his movement, but not pause the scene, as I want to trigger animations.

• Thanks for clarifying.

You can use the Character: Move along Path Action, setting the Method to Stop Moving, to stop the Player character from moving.

If you run this just before your Dialogue: Start conversation Action, they'll be standing still while the dialogue options display.