Forum rules - please read before posting.

New Player 3D template jump issue

I am using the new 3D Player template and the default jump is not high enough for my situation. I see no attached classes for jumping, I can't find settings for it and I scoured the website documentation and there's no info on how I might increase the jump height. Any ideas on how I might adjust the jump height or jump strength?

Comments

• It's the Jump speed field in the Player component's "Player settings" panel.

This field will only show, however, when the Movement method is set to either Direct or First Person. Are you using a different method?

• Thank you for that info Chris. I swear I am using Direct movement method in 3rd person, but let me double check this and report back. I am controlling the sample 3D player prefab using my keyboard controls directly.

• edited April 13

Yep looks like my sanity check was correct. I am set to Direct movement and that Jump Speed field is not exposed. I can see it if I enter debug view, but it's not exposed by default. Here is an unlisted video capture of the issue. I'm on the latest v1.80.4. As a test I'm going to blow away this branch and completely reinstall AC into the project.

• No need for that - it's a bug, and I believe I've tracked it down. The field isn't always displaying when it should do - apologies for the hassle.

Change the Inspector window to Debug mode (right click "Inspector"), and you should find "Jump Speed" right down at the bottom. Change it here, and its value will be retained after setting the window back to Normal mode.