Forum rules - please read before posting.

Show menu on a certain control scheme

Hi AC community,

I currently have a menu screen that shows the controls of the game. The default controls screen is the keyboard and mouse control schemes. What I want to do is if the player select to view the controls, then the AC menu system must adapt to the control scheme the player is using. For example if the player is using the XBox Controller and the player choose to view the controls, it must show the controls menu related to the XBox controller. I know I proberly going to need to write a custom script here and then just call script if the player selects the VIEW CONTROLS menu. But how do I tell AC what control scheme is currently being used. I am using Unity 2022.2.10 and AC 1.79.3. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• By "control scheme", are you referring to the Unity technical term used by its Input System? Or are you altering the Input method dynamically through script?

• Hi Chris I am altering the Input method dynamically through script.

• You can sync it to e.g. a Global Integer variable by setting a Variable's IntegerValue property in the script.

See the Manual's "Variable scripting" chapter for details.