Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disable Saving stays disabled after loading

So I have a few times when I want to disable saving. Such as interactable cutscenes, or specific little gameplay moments like timed events, or when a player is using a traveling system. So I run a Engine> manage system> disable saving.

But I notice when I load into different scenes from this state, saving is still disabled. is there a way to tell the game I dont want to save the fact that saving is disabled?

I've theorized two work arounds. Putting "enable saving" onload cutscenes in every stage, or figuring out a way to also disable loading, or disable pausing instead of disabling saving/loading. The latter two are a little cleaner/easier to do but I'm not sure how out of the box.

Comments

• You don't need to use OnLoad in each scene to run logic upon loading - you can use the Events Editor, up in the top toolbar.

Create a Save: Load: After event, have it auto-create an ActionList, and add to it an Action to re-enable saving. This will then run each time a save-game is loaded.