Forum rules - please read before posting.

Walking animation not triggering

Hi,

So I am getting confused with Sprite animations. Because I am confused, I think I missed something about the 2D tutorial on the main site. When I move around my character, the animation doesn't change. Did a video of it to explain what I mean. Ignore me suddenly being stuck in the second part of my video. Just me being dumb. Hahaha.

Comments

• When using Sprites Unity mode, AC plays animations automatically by naming convention. They don't need transitions, but you do need to add on the directional prefix if its set up to use multiple directions - which is the case by default.

The Console window will warn you about any missing animations it is attempting to play.

If you expand the Player component's List expected animations? checkbox, it'll list all the animations it requires to be present based on your settings.

If you don't need up/down etc, you can reduce this list by:

• Setting Facing directions to Custom
    • Checking Left? and Right? beneath
    • Renaming your Animator controller's animation states to PlayerIdle_R and PlayerWalking_R respectively (the filenames can remain unchanged)
    • Set Frame flipping to Left Mirrors Right.
  • Still having problems

I am still getting a warning that it can't play animation PlayerIdle_D. But I don't have that checked.

• It's to do with your sprite-child not being assigned.

Currently for 2D games, the character's sprite must be on a child of the root. This is handled automatically when using the Character Wizard.

Create a child object with a local position of (0,0,0), and move their Sprite Renderer and Animator components to this object. Then assign the object in the Player's "Sprite child" field.