Forum rules - please read before posting.

UCC + AC - character can moving during an OnStart cutscene

Hi

I'm using UCC v2.2 (legacy) and AC v1.78.4, Unity v2020.3.48f1

I've noticed that during an OnStart cutscene, the player can walk around even if the cutscene is set to Pause Gameplay. This happens even in the demo scene provided in the UCC Integration package, even on a brand new project. If I run the same scene again (not OnStart) It works fine and pauses the character.

This can be tested by adding a few dialogue Actions into the AC_UCC_BasicFirstPerson demo scene's OnStart, and setting the speech setting to Display subtitles forever until user skips it.

I realize I'm using an outdated version of UCC (and I noticed that even the integration package has been pulled from the download state) so support on this might be limited. I may upgrade in a few months down the line, but I still wanted to check if there was a solution for this.

Secondly, this issue also remains, though I have found a few hacky solutions for it.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Recreated - looks like it's due to a change in AC made after the switch to v3.

To fix, open up the integration's AC_UCC_Character script and replace the OnEnable/OnDisable function block with:

private void OnEnable()
    {
        EventManager.OnEnterGameState += OnEnterGameState;
        EventManager.OnAfterChangeScene += OnAfterChangeScene;
    }

private void OnDisable()
    {
        EventManager.OnEnterGameState -= OnEnterGameState;
        EventManager.OnAfterChangeScene -= OnAfterChangeScene;
    }

void OnAfterChangeScene (LoadingGame loadingGame) { OnEnterGameState (KickStarter.stateHandler.gameState); }

• Great, thanks a lot!