Forum rules - please read before posting.

Eliminate ability to drag items INTO inventory

Hi there!

I'm all set to release my seventh game and one of my testers just discovered that players can drag items from the scene into inventory... I had no idea! Until I figure out a way to better use this to my advantage, is it possible to _dis_able that feature somehow??

AC 1.79.3
Unity 2023.2.0b8.3202.5344

:-) Ann

Comments

• I'll need details on how items are being selected in the scene - typically these are selected from the Inventory only.

Are you using the Inventory: Select Action to force the selection of an item?

• Hi again-

Yes, I am using that action. As an example, in once scene, there's a funnel that players will find in a cupboard; in the same scene, they need to drag the funnel from its storage place to a bottle across the room. Once they have completed the other tasks associated with the bottle, the funnel reappears in the cabinet on its own. I have it saved as an inventory item (even though it will never "live in" the inventory) so that I can use the cursor for them to grab it. Several other items that actually DO live in inventory (the lid to the bottle, for example) also get dragged to the scene, but in the event that they ever need to go back to inventory, I have players doing that action with a click. It never even occurred to me to have them drag those items back [insert forehead slap]!

Here are the details:

Please let me know if there is some other info that might help explain it better :-)

Talk soon-

Ann

• Sorry - the image disappeared. Here it is:

• Thanks for the details.

If I'm understanding things correctly, you should be able to prevent this with the Categories.

If you check Limit by category? in the InventoryBox menu element, items in non-selected categories won't be displayed. You may need to alter the way your current use of Categories works, but if "CleaningSupplies" is omitted, it should prevent display.