Forum rules - please read before posting.

Objective Categories

This might be a bug, but more likely me missing some selection or option. I've divided my Objectives into two categories, Goals and Hints. Goals are being displayed in the standard Objectives menu, while I created a second "Hints" menu to display Hints. The Hints list is showing up fine in the new menu, but when I click on a hint the description that comes up is the same as the corresponding Goal. Basically, if the first Goal's description is: "Get into the classroom", and the first Hint's is "Pick up the key in the professor's office and use on the classroom door", when I click on the Hint in the list, it brings up the Goal's description (Get into the classroom). The same happen when I choose "Title" instead of "Description" in the Objective Text selection under Label Type.

Comments

• Could well be a bug - I'll look into it.

What are your AC/Unity versions, and are there any steps beside creating a new Objectives menu and filtering the list to a specific category?

• Unity - 2020.3.11f1
    AC - 1.78.2

That's pretty much it, although you don't need to create a new menu. If you don't filter by category, the descriptions in the original Objectives menu appear correctly, but the moment you do filter for the second category the descriptions get mixed up.

• I'm afraid I can't reproduce this. In a backup/duplicate project, could you try this in the latest release? It may have since been fixed.

I'm assuming, however, that you're only displaying one Objective menu (list + selected) at a time. Is that the case?