Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is there still a limit to preloading scenes?

edited March 23 in Technical Q&A

Hey,
A while ago there was a limit to preloading scenes async with AC because of unity only letting you preload 1 scene and then it will unload it before preloading the next one or something similar.. is that still applicable these days?

For example if I have like 10 scenes, can i keep them preloaded at the start screen and keep them preloaded throughout the game ready to be activated and unactivated throughout gameplay?

Or say if you're in a map that has 2 possible scenes to switch to, those 2 scenes are preloaded into memory? (and other preloaded scenes you can switch to for every other scene too if that makes sense)?

Thank you :)

Comments

• edited March 24

So far as I understand it, you're not technically limited to preloading one scene at a time. However, it's not possible to then "forget" about a preloaded scene without that scene being opened.

If you're looking to preload as a way of speeding up loading times, my advice would be to look into the more traditional steps of optimisation, Addressables etc.