Forum rules - please read before posting.

Get ActionList asset from unity object

edited March 22 in Technical Q&A

I am trying to achieve localisable examine texts with VoiceOver accessibility feature on inventory items at mouseover. I have already done one for hotspots and I have no issues making it work with asset lists that are in the scene. But this time I need to link an external asset list trough inventory item properties. I have an option to use Object as the property type.
Now, how do I turn this Object variable (an external action list asset) into an ActionList variable so that I can access its action?

Comments

• naturally I can already get to the object in my C# code but I do not know how to make it accessible for this line:

_invActionList = invInstance.InvItem.GetProperty(2).UnityObjectValue;
    runtimeActionList = AdvGame.RunActionListAsset(_invActionList, 0, 0); //this does not work as the _invActionList is an Object, not an ActionList

• https://echoesofsomewhere.com/2024/01/04/accessibility-options/
    here is a breakdown into how the solution works with scene based asset lists for hotspots.

• It should just be a case of casting the UnityObjectValue to an ActionListAsset:

_invActionList = (ActionListAsset) invInstance.InvItem.GetProperty(2).UnityObjectValue;

• This works perfectly. Thanks!