Forum rules - please read before posting.

Drag-and-drop an inventory item to fill out a blank in text and validate answers

Hey everyone!

So I'm trying to recreate the "Case of the Golden Idol" behaviour that can be seen here

https://youtu.be/Xb2UeRgxe_w?list=PLgX5yD9FMWbfPSxNBF2NKhiOY7C09UusO&t=1151

So what I have is an inventory containing Items that are words used to fill out the blanks in a text

When I drag the Item from the inventory into one of the blanks (a hotspot?), I want to deselect the item (without removing it from the inventory) and instantiate a copy of the Item on top of the blank.

So far I've set a Property into each of my inventory items that contain the prefab I want to instantiate. The next step seemed to be call an Object: Add or remove action, but I can't seem to be able to use the Item property into the Object to instantiate field of the action, even if I assign it to a variable beforehand...

So any ideas on how I can replicate this behaviour using an ActionList?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited March 20

The Object: Add or remove Action can accept Inventory Item parameters, but it'll instead look to the item's dedicated Linked prefab field, not a Property defined in the Properties tab.

This field can be found just above its Main graphic field in the Inventory Manager.