Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with a slider

Hello!

I'm currently working on a menu with sliders, but I've ran across an issue. I'm working on a puzzle where the user has to move a bunch of sliders which all control a global variable of their own. These floats have values between 0 and 5, and the sliders have number of steps set to 5. Now, I can't move the sliders in this configuration. If I add steps, everything works (almost) as it's supposed to, but I'd like to be able handle the floats as integers in order to keep logic a bit simpler. Is there any way to get this setup working so that the user can change the float value between 0 and 5 with five steps?

I also have another weird issue: the vertical axises seem are working backwards: down moves the slider up, up moves the slider down. I'm using direct control, so what could be causing this issue?

Any kind of solution or workaround would be greatly appreciated. I'm using AC 1.77.3 and Unity 2020.3.34f1

Comments

• Sorry, I'm not following your description too well. You say you can't move the sliders - is that literal, or are you getting incorrect values?

As you mention steps, I take it you're using a Unity UI Slider component? What is the exact behvaviour you get, and what value(s) is the Variable able to take?

The Slider must be mapped to a Float, but you can convert a Float into an Integer by copying its value to a separate variable with the Variable: Copy Action.

• Hey! I'm using AC's own menu system for this. I can move the sliders correctly up and down and the variable changes as it's supposed to. But this works only when I add 30 or more steps. Any values below these freezes the slider so it can't be moved and the variable the slider is mapped to doesn't change.

• edited March 20

Could you share screenshots of the properties of the Menu, the Slider element, and the top of your Menu Manager?

• It may have already been fixed. In the Changelog for v1.77.4:

-Fixed: Issues with direct navigation of Slider elements in AC menus

Try backing up and updating to the latest release.

• Thanks a lot for this!