Forum rules - please read before posting.

I've updated to 1.8 but I get a lot of "missing directive or assembly" related with Dialogue System

I have the project set up with AC + Dialogue System, QuestMachine and LoveHate. Every time I've updated each of these 4 assets they worked fine together but now the project is broken with the last update, the 1.80.

I get like 150 errors similar with

"Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Actions\ActionDialogueSystemAlert.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PixelCrushers' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

and

"Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Actions\ActionLoveHateCheckRelationship.cs(4,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PixelCrushers' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

From what I've understood reading the change logs now AC is using addressables? I've tried both adding and removing the Adressable package (it was not in the project) nothing.

I'm stuck because I don't know if maybe the issue is that the three PixelCrusher plugins do not support the 1.8 version?

Anyone know what could be?

Comments

• edited March 13

I've tried with a new project.

unity 2022.3.21f1
    AC 1.80.0
    Dialogue System 2.2.44
    Love/Hate 1.10.44
    Quest Machine 1.2.44

All is fine till you import the "Adventure Creator Support" package for any of the three assets

then you get the errors :(

• edited March 13

Ok, so basically adding support in AC for these assembly definitions broke the Pixel Crusher assets.

Maybe adding a BIG warning at top of the logs in the asset manager would had helped me not do the mistake to update the project.

I know I should had made a backup buuuuut I've updated with no issues many times and I was thinking it was another minor bug fix update.

Oh well.

PixelCrusher author had been very helpful if you have this issue and you have only the Dialogue System (not the other two assets) there is a fix in this thread that you can apply and all should work fine

this post here

https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=43372#p43372

• Ok, is fixed. But do not save the scene because all the actions lists were empty with no nodes. I've opened a different scene without saving the one that was open. Then when I've opened back all the nodes were back including the one that called the dialogue and the quests. That was a close call :p

• Apologies for the trouble - it looks like this is caused by having Dialogue System Actions inside the AdventureCreator folder. The main AC folder should not have custom/third-party scripts added to it.

You will need to move DS's custom Actions out of this folder, into a new Assets folder, e.g. /DialogueSystem/CustomActions, and then point to this folder as a "Custom folder" in the Actions Manager.

If DS's AC integration places these files in the AC folder automatically, I will contact Tony to advise on this - thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• I'll be releasing an updated integration today that puts the Dialogue System and Quest Machine integrations' actions in their own folder which users can point the Actions Manager to.

• thank you both for your great effort in supporting us :) yes the actions are in the AC folder. I will wait for the updates :)