Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Movement Delay

Hey all - just wondering if anyone has had experience with this using the default First Person Movement scripts (not any other FP packages.)

When moving, things work fine, it's when stopping there appears to be a half to 1 second delay before the player actually stops moving, rather than immediately stopping.

I've fiddled with the acceleration and decceleration fields but they don't seem to do anything to help.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them, thanks!

Comments

• edited March 10

Welcome to the community, @Jareil84.

If you have a high Deceleration value, the next cause for delay would be input.

What are your Horizontal and Vertical input values set to in Unity's Input Manager? The Gravity value affects how quickly an input resets to zero when there's no input - so raising this should reduce the remaining delay.

Otherwise, if you can share screenshots of these along with your Settings Manager and Player's root Inspector, I'll take a look and try to spot what's wrong.

• Thanks Chris, I think it was Deceleration being too high maybe? (wanting it to be instant I just set it very very high). Setting it to a reasonable number (50) appears to have fixed it.