Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation with no dialogue options remaining

I have hundreds of conversations that have multiple dialogue option each. These dialogue options are disabled by default once they have been chosen.

I want to have a pop-up that says "All questions have been asked" when the player triggers a conversation that's had all of its dialoge options exhausted. How would I go about doing this?

Comments

• The Converation script's AllOptionsBeenChosen function can be used to determine this.

This can be run when a Conversation begins via the OnStartConversation event, and then made to run an ActionList that displays a Menu popup.

Example script, attached to the Conversation:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class ExhaustedConversationCheck : MonoBehaviour
    {

public ActionListAsset actionList;

void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnStartConversation += OnStartConversation; }
        void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnStartConversation -= OnStartConversation; }

void OnStartConversation (Conversation conversation)
        {
            if (conversation.gameObject == gameObject)
            {
                if (conversation.AllOptionsBeenChosen (true))
                {
                    // All options chosen
                    actionList.Interact ();
                }
            }
        }

}

• Perfect, thank you so much, Chris!

• Actually, I think the GetCount() function may be better as sometimes some options are disabled rather than being exhausted - that's my fault for explaining it wrong!

So basically it would check if any visible options are showing and if not it would then run an actionlist.

Do you know a demo script for that at all please, Chris?

• The GetNumEnabledOptions function - in place of AllOptionsBeenChosen - will check that.

• How would I write this in the code?

• Replace:

if (conversation.AllOptionsBeenChosen (true))

with:

if (conversation.GetNumEnabledOptions () == 0)