Forum rules - please read before posting.

controller can't direct navigate unity UI in scene?

Hi Chris,

I am testing controller to navigate both AC menu and unity UI menu.
I start new empty project to test. I test controller to navigate AC menu, it works fine.
But when I turn on a unity UI menu at start instead, the controller can't navigate unity UI menu in scene.
So, I try to test with mouse instead, I change input method to mouse, and disable direct navigate menu at start.
And I can use cursor to highlight the buttons in the canvas in scene.
I check the unity UI menu setting, all the buttons and canvas are already linked. And I don't know why controller cannot navigate unity UI menu and can navigate AC menu only. Also, the UI unity menu setting should be correct and the unity UI can work with mouse cursor. Would you please give some advice, thanks a lot. AC version, 1.78.4, unity version, 2022.3.9f1

Comments

• edited February 26

What is your Menu's Appear type set to?

If it's set to During Gameplay, you'll need to specifically allow for direct control of in-game menus with the Engine: Manage systems Action.

Otherwise, navigation is enabled at the top of the Menu Manager. If you can share screenshots of the issue and settings, it'll help provide context.