Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adapt AnimateCursor script

Hi, how would I adapt this script of my menu name has changed from 'Inventory' to either 'InventoryFullscreen', 'InventoryBottomBar' and 'InventoryTopbar' (as the player can choose which inventory they want'

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;
using AC;

public class AnimateCursor : MonoBehaviour
{

public Vector2 offset;
    public RectTransform cursorRectTransform;
    public int itemToMoveFrom;
    public int itemToMoveTo;
    public Canvas canvas;
    public float moveDuration = 3f;

public string menuName = "Inventory";
    public string inventoryElementName = "InventoryBox";

public void AnimateCombine ()
    {
        StopAllCoroutines ();
        StartCoroutine (AnimateCombineCo ());
    }

private IEnumerator AnimateCombineCo ()
    {
        MenuInventoryBox inventoryBox = PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName (menuName, inventoryElementName) as MenuInventoryBox;

int fromSlot = inventoryBox.GetItemSlot (itemToMoveFrom);
        RectTransform fromRectTransform = inventoryBox.uiSlots[fromSlot].GetRectTransform ();

Sprite originalSprite = inventoryBox.uiSlots[fromSlot].uiButton.image.sprite;
        inventoryBox.uiSlots[fromSlot].uiButton.image.sprite = null;

int toSlot = inventoryBox.GetItemSlot (itemToMoveTo);
        RectTransform toRectTransform = inventoryBox.uiSlots[toSlot].GetRectTransform ();

Vector2 fromPosition = fromRectTransform.position / canvas.transform.localScale.x;
        Vector2 toPosition = toRectTransform.position / canvas.transform.localScale.x;

Vector2 parentOffset = canvas.GetComponent<RectTransform>().sizeDelta / 2f;
        fromPosition -= parentOffset;
        toPosition -= parentOffset;

fromPosition += offset;
        toPosition += offset;

Vector2 originalPosition = cursorRectTransform.anchoredPosition;

float timer = moveDuration;
        while (timer > 0f)
        {
            float p = 1f - (timer / moveDuration);
            cursorRectTransform.anchoredPosition = Vector2.Lerp (fromPosition, toPosition, p);

timer -= Time.deltaTime;
            yield return null;
        }

inventoryBox.uiSlots[fromSlot].uiButton.image.sprite = originalSprite;
        cursorRectTransform.anchoredPosition = originalPosition;
    }

private Rect RectTransformToScreenSpace (RectTransform transform)
    {
        Vector2 size = Vector2.Scale(transform.rect.size, transform.lossyScale);
        return new Rect((Vector2)transform.position - (size * 0.5f), size);
    }

}

Comments

• Store the correct menu name in a Global String variable, and enter the following at the top of the AnimateCombineCo function:

inventoryElementName = GlobalVariables.GetVariable ("Inventory name").TextValue;

Replacing "Inventory name" with the name of your variable.

• Could I instead use 0,1,2 in an integer variable as I have three different inventorys
  • edited February 14

if I used your addition above, what would I add it in Menu Name in the Inspector script field?

To elaborate further, I have three menus, each with an inventory UI canvasm with names 'InventoryFullscreen', InventoryScrollBottom' and 'InventoryScrollTop'. The player chooses which one they want via a button choice, each button turns on an integer in variable 'InvenoryChoice' - 0,1 or 2. I need the above script to recognise which one is chosen.

i think the easiest option is to have 3 different AnimateCursor script that is attached to each inventory. What would I change in the above if the Inventory is called 'InventoryFullscreen' eg?

• i think the easiest option is to have 3 different AnimateCursor script that is attached to each inventory. What would I change in the above if the Inventory is called 'InventoryFullscreen' eg?

That'd be the "Menu Name" field in its Inspector.

• I am not seeing the object animate now. Am getting this error, could this be the reason?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AnimateCursor.AnimateCombine () (at Assets/Sleepytime Village/Scripts/AnimateCursor.cs:21)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, SendMessageOptions)
    AC.ActionSendMessage:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionSendMessage.cs:96)
    AC.<RunAction>d__46:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:467)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:408)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:616)
    AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:575)
    AC.<RunAction>d__46:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:539)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:408)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:616)
    AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:575)
    AC.<RunAction>d__46:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:539)
    AC.ActionList:EndActionParallel(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:701)
    AC.<RunAction>d__46:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:535)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Runtime/Export/Scripting/Coroutines.cs:17)