Forum rules - please read before posting.

Walk-To marker accuracy problem (player spinning around it)

Hi again. For whatever reason, some hotspots with Walk-To markers have issues where the player can't reach it and just spins around very quickly in vain.
I've actually seen a post in this forum about that exact issue here: https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/192/solved-character-spinning-around
But by trying various methods, including the one from the post (trying different destination accuracies, including the super accurate experimental thing) it still occurs.

It is to note, strangely enough, that it only ever happens on builds, but never in the editor, and only when the player has to walk for a bit.

In the video below, it's a build, and the accuracy is set to the lowest value. I note that the second attempt at activating the hotspot works, even though the player is a bit far from the marker (because of the low accuracy), which makes me wonder why the first attempt didn't work even though the player was clearly within acceptable range.

I remember that the player's scale was also in question in the earlier post. All the things in my scene are at the "correct" scale. As in, the player is around 175cm in unity units and everything is at scale 1,1,1

Unity 2021.3.11f1
AC version 1.78.4
Game is 3D, has direct movement, and hotspot detection by player proximity.

Comments

• I think I'll need to see this for myself. Would it be possible to PM me a cut-down copy of the project, that only has a single scene that demonstrates the issue when built?