Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversations Hides other menus, like my dialogue and Portrait.

I seem to be having a issue with keeping my dialogue box and text, as well as the character portraits on the screen, while the conversation box is open. whenever it shows my list of choices, the other menus disappear. is there a way to fix this? and I'm sorry in advance, if the fix is super simple, ty!

Comments

• Hard to tell without seeing the specifics, but a Menu's visibility is based on two things:

• Its "Appear type" property matches the current state of the game
    • The Menu is unlocked

Does your Conversation menu pause the game? If so, Menus that are set to appear during gameplay will be hidden during this time?

If you can share screenshots of your Conversation menu's properties (as they appear in the Menu Manager), as well as those for the menus that become hidden, I'll try to spot what the issue is.

• Will get some screenshots. Once I'm off of work. Sorry for the lack of info
  • there we go, so this is my conversation propertys and my action list for this part

• second image https://imgur.com/a/Gbm7CSn that one is my dialogue menu that handles both portraits and the speech

• i think the main issue isn't that its hiding it but its simply not staying around to be displayed during the choices, how would i keep the menu from finishing before you select your option?

• The Dial menu's "Appear type" is set to "Manual", which means it should only turn off if explicitly commanded to.

Your "Dial_Log" ActionList, which runs before the Conversation, appears to reference this Menu. In what way is it affecting it? If you're using a "Menu: Change state" Action to turn it off, remove this to prevent it from turning off.

• I don't know why I didn't even think to check the action list for my dialog, man I'm stupid I'm so sorry for the lack of brains on my part ty so much Cheers!